I left the ship to do some shopping at the market in Raiatea. Unfortunately, the rain came down all day, ruining a lovely day of Chinese New Year celebrations.
After viewing the lava fields, we enjoyed a stop at the Bodegas Rubicon, where we tasted some of the local wine and cheese. The vineyards here are very different looking-vines are planted inside semicircular lava stone walls in rows. The wine is refreshing and we brought back a few bottles to enjoy on the ship. I’ve included some pictures of the winery, which was very beautiful.
The Takoradi Market Circle, which was huge in downtown Takoradi, has been closed by the government because of safety concerns. In response, many of the vendors set up a pop up market on the pier. Unlike other locations, the sellers here were extremely polite, grateful for sales, and never bothered people to make a sale. When I purchased a necklace, the man who sold it blessed me for buying from him!
Rain can't dampen how cool it must be being there!
ReplyDeleteToo bad about the rain, the market looks cool. -Jackie
ReplyDelete